Never not reblogging this.
What’s sad is that this needs to be said…
Different Sherlock portrayals as cats. Because I can.
House is the uncontrollable crazy cat.
Robert Downey Jr. cat is the flaunting type.
BBC Sherlock is the brooding cat.
Elementary Sherlock is the cuddly one.
Canon Sherlock is an awesome YouTube keyboard cat that Watson is always impressed by.
welp, can’t not reblog.
FERB JUST SAID “PHINEAS, I KNOW WHAT WE’RE GONNA DO TODAY” AND I FANGIRLED
That’s from “Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Max Modem!” - and I loved that episode…
“Want to help the kids of Newtown in a small but meaningful way? Contribute to “The Snowflake Project.”
A building has been designated to house the students of Sandy Hook Elementary School. The Newtown PTA are asking for your help to comfort the students as they return back to school. Ask your friends and family to make and decorate snowflakes (any size). They will be be hung throughout the hallways to create a happy and cheerful environment.
NO WORDS PLEASE! ONLY SNOWFLAKES WITH SPARKLES AND GLITTER OR IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST, A DRAWING OR PAINTING WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED (Disney artists will be drawing favorite cartoon characters for the kids— favorite Nickelodeon, Dreamworks, Cartoon Network, or your own characters would be appreciated too!) Here is the link to the DIY Starwars ones pictured.
Include a note telling where you are from, to display along with your snowflakes. Send to:
Connecticut PTSA, 60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103, Hamden, CT 06514”
Adam Savage: making nerds look good since always
Because every blog needs more Mythbusters.
my shit is so fucking lost it’s on the other end of town
I don’t care if you don’t know or don’t like Sailor Moon, this is funny… (Okay, it helps if you have some clue about the show)
I can think of a couple people it would be perfect to have day-long friendship cuddles with… and they know who they are…
- You don’t have to achieve great things by the time you’re 25
- You have intrinsic value above and beyond your perceived utility to other people and society at large.
- You don’t have to have sex, or have sex in any way that you find uncomfortable or unpleasant, to keep anyone’s love or good opinion of you. They didn’t love you or think very well of you to start with if they demand it.
- You don’t have to stay with someone who isn’t meeting your emotional or sexual needs because they need you, or you’ve been with them for awhile, or you need to be in a relationship. You need you. Your time is your own and it is finite.
- It’s ok to work at a job you enjoy that doesn’t make you miserable even if it’s not a career and it won’t “lead to anything.”
- Your life is not a narrative. It is not leading to anything, there is no overarching thesis, it does not have themes beyond the usual shared cultural experiences of your time and place. This is ok. It does not mean that your life is without purpose or meaning.
- It’s ok not to like or get along with the vast majority of people you encounter, so long as you afford them the same respect, courtesy and dignity that they afford you.
- Expensive is not always better.
- Failure is temporary if you’re still alive.
- People are both much better and much worse than you’d suspect, but usually not all at once.
- Stop thinking of your future self as a different person and it will be easier to prevent money and health problems.
- Let people help you, lean on them when you need to, and be available to help, but don’t swing too far in either direction. Try to carry your half of the life basket as evenly as you can.
- Set boundaries, and do not be afraid to kick people out of your life who disregard them. You will not end up alone and unloved. People who love you will be ok with your boundaries.
- Your power does not come from money or beauty, but from seeing life steadily and wholly, from a curious and thoughtful mind, and from your ability to say no when you want to, and yes when you want to, and I don’t know when you don’t know.
- There will be bad times, maybe lots of bad times, but not only bad times.
- Love will not heal the wounds in your soul, but love can give you the impetus to begin the work of healing yourself.
- Life might be a long series of starting over, and that’s alright.
- You’re really cool, you’re really beautiful, you’re really special. Really. Not to everyone, but to a lot of someones sometimes.